Living in Greece

A practical guide to moving, living, working & traveling in Greece, plus musing and misadventures from an American in Athens

FAQ: Greek work and/or residence permits

Greek permit

Before reading this article, it is assumed you already have a Greek permit that entitles you to live here. If you don’t have a work and/or residence permit for Greece and would like to know how to get one, please read “How Americans/non-EU citizens can get a permit to move, live and work in Greece.”

*Article last updated January 2, 2015


This is a current and comprehensive article not found anywhere else since April 2007, based on official documentation and 15 years of real-life experience from people who hold permits.

Embassies/consulates, INFO expat guides and forums copied information from this post without permission and refuse to give credit/link or honor copyright, so you are not necessarily getting confirmation from different sources. Official websites rarely match reality, which is one reason I started Living in Greece.

Be careful who you trust.

How can I get residence/residency in Greece?

You must legally live or work in Greece full time.

Can I write a letter requesting residence for five or 10 years?

No, it doesn’t work that way. Read “How American/non-EU citizens can get a permit to live and work in Greece.” You must have compelling reasons to be here and earn that right.

Can I get a residence permit for Greece before I arrive?

No, because you must be inside the country and submit your papers in person.

When does my work and/or residence permit for Greece expire?

Look at your permit and read the expiration date.

Will I get a notification to renew my work and/or residence permit?

No. This is Greece; it’s your responsibility to keep track of your own affairs.

Can I change jobs under my current work permit?

Yes, if the initial/first year has passed. With regards to IKA, you need to take the new work contract and notify them of this change within eight (8) days of hiring. With regards to the work permit, you submit all of your paperwork with the new contract and work certification (ergoti bebaiosi) from your new employer at the time of its renewal.

It is also possible to change jobs before the initial/first year has passed, but it requires permission and must be within the same industry in a similar position. I don’t recommend it, simply because it could unnecessarily endanger both your permit and your employment with an employer if permission is denied.

I and many people I know have changed jobs successfully and had no problem, but the current administration is anti-immigration and unemployment is at an all-time high.

Can I change fields or industry under my current work permit?

Depends. You can submit the new contract and bebaiosi from your new employer at time of renewal with no problem at the municipality’s dimos or police station’s allodapon department.

However, OAED (Manpower Employment) and/or the Ministry at a higher level has a right to decline renewal should they determine there are limited vacancies and sufficient Greek/EU candidates to perform this work. Authorities may ask you to provide evidence of a university degree (recognized by DOATAP, if foreign), significant experience or skills in this area of work. If you are classified as an “Υπάλληλος Γραφείου” (office worker), they may not care. Authorities may also request proof from your new employer that you are uniquely qualified, and (s)he could not otherwise find a Greek/EU citizen to fill the position. At this point, your new employer has the option to let you go should (s)he not want to provide documentation or fight to keep you and give them what they want.

If the permit expires without being renewed for whatever reason, you must leave Greece and start from nothing again should you decide to come back and find another job.

When should I renew my residence and/or work permit?

At least 60 days in advance of your permit’s expiration, which is noted in nearly all of my articles. If you plan to be outside Greece for business or pleasure during the renewal period, renew earlier and tell them why if they try to turn you away.

What if I still only have my bebaiosi (blue certificate with photo), the permit hasn’t been issued yet, and it’s time to renew it?

You renew with your bebaiosi (blue certificate with photo).

When does my bebaiosi expire?

Look at the date your bebaiosi was issued and count one year from then.

What if I don’t renew on time?

You will be fined one-third the application fee or up to 300 euros if you renew anytime past the expiration date (also stated in this site’s articles), or you may be denied the opportunity to renew if you are not the spouse or child of a Greek or EU citizen.

Sometimes you can get around it by hiring a lawyer or using connections, but be prepared to pay handsomely. I don’t recommend it.

If I lose my job or can’t find another to renew my work permit, how long can I remain in Greece after the permit expires?

According to Article 73 of the immigration law 3386/2005, there is no grace period. You are expected to leave Greece before the permit expires or you will be fined 600 euros for a period of 1-29 days past expiration and 1200 euros for 30 or more days past the permit’s expiration.

If you have a long-term EU-wide permit issued in Greece, you are given up to six (6) months from the date of expiration to leave the country.

How do I renew my Greek permit?

Using same procedure as when you got it the first time, but normally with fewer papers.

What if I don’t remember?

If the appropriate article is not available on this site, call or visit the municipality “dimos” office or grafeio allodapon and find out. If you live in a smaller town or an island, the local police will have an allodapon or foreigner division.

Be proactive, pay attention and take some notes. That’s how this site was created — I paid attention and then used my free time to write it out for everyone.

What if I changed my status since the last time I renewed?

You still need to go to the same office, tell them your change of status, and they’ll tell you what documents you now need. If the article is available on this website, you can prepare in advance. If not, people have been doing it the other way for years. It’s common sense.

Can I apply online for a Greek work/residence permit?

No, because they want to see you in person and examine that all of your documents are originals. If you’re not in the Greece, you cannot apply.

Does part-time work qualify me for a work permit?


Why not?

Because anything less than full-time salaried work means you are not entitled to IKA (social insurance). Since continuous medical coverage is a requirement for non-EU citizens to hold a work permit, you would then either:
a) Declare yourself a self-employed entrepreneur* at the eforia, pay OAEE (formerly TEBE/TEVE), issue receipts, pay VAT/FPA on a quarterly basis and secure a work permit this way (which can also be denied),
b) Become illegal.

*Immigrants wishing to change their professional status from salaried employee to self-employed must wait a minimum of three (3) years. Plus self-employed immigrants must keep their same business for two (2) years before being allowed to change their line or scope of work.

Can I pay my own IKA?

Yes, but you are only allowed to purchase up to 20 percent of required 200 ensima* of IKA for the year. The other 80 percent must be earned through an employer or acquired by paying your own OAEE (TEBE/TEVE).

*For some categories of permits and renewals, only 120 ensima are required per year.

If I get engaged to a Greek, do I get a permit to stay in Greece?

No. That’s already covered in “How non-EU citizens move, live and work in Greece.” Fiance(e)s are treated the same as single people. There are no fiance(e) visas and permits.

I married a Greek citizen, do I need a residence and work permit?

If you are a non-EU citizen without dual citizenship with the EU, yes. Only EU citizens have the right to live and work in Greece without a permit; all non-EU citizens need a permit. Marriage does not grant you special privileges or the right to break the law, nor does it guarantee you will be issued a residence/work permit if a committee decides against it.

If you are a non-Greek EU citizen, you do not need authorization to work in Greece, but you will need a residence certificate/permit under certain circumstances after 90 days residence in Greece.

If I marry a Greek, do I get citizenship so I don’t need a permit?

There is no such thing as marrying a Greek for citizenship. Marriage only lowers the residency requirement if you have a child together. You must have several years legal residence in Greece, prove fluency in the Greek language, pay 700 euros and wait several years to go through the naturalization process. See “Greek citizenship by naturalization” for details.

But yes, if you obtain Greek citizenship or citizenship from another EU country, you would no longer need a permit.

When will my permit sticker or card be ready?

Authorities and municipalities claim that it should only take 60-90 days or up to six (6) months, but there is no set time.

If you are the spouse or child of a Greek/EU citizen, there is a law that says permits will be issued sooner than 90 days. In reality, this is not guaranteed since you and your spouse must first attend and pass an interview at the Perifeira, but the process is significantly expedited in comparison to non-EU citizens not connected to Greek/EU citizen. Most people wait from 7-8 months to 18 months.

In 15 years, I’ve consistently waited up to a year and past the expiration date. The quickest I’ve been issued a Greek permit is six (6) months, and it happened only once. In May 2010, there was a backlog of 600,000 people waiting for their residence/work permits to be issued, and further delays were announced in 2011 when the government announced a reshuffling of municipal staff. Since then, processing has been slower, not faster, especially between November 2011 to June 2012 when Greece had five different governments in 7 months.

If you received it within 60-90 days, be grateful not boastful. The majority do not.

Is there anything I can do to speed up the processing of my permit?


Will they notify me when it’s ready?

Some municipalities will call you; most do not. It’s your responsibility to check status.

Can I check my status online?

No. Few municipalities have their own websites. Of those that do, there is no facility to check status online. This is a VERY advanced concept in Greece. Half of public servants don’t know how to type or use a computer.

How do I check the status of my Greek work/residence permit?

In person. Inquiring by phone seldom gets results, as most often you will be told they cannot give out information without verifying your identity and you must stop by in person.

What if there’s a problem with my sticker/card?

Since it is your responsibility to check on your permit, they should be giving you a status. If there is an issue, the ministry will send the letter to the municipality’s “dimos” or police station’s allodapon department; it is rare that you will be personally notified by phone or letter. If there is a letter, it usually arrives late at your home, and you have no recourse because it was your job to check on the permit in person.

Once I have my permit, is everything OK?

The municipality or ministry has the right to review and revoke permits for any reason at any time, unless you hold the long-term EU-wide residence/work permit issued by Greece.

Does Greece grant permits to gay/lesbian non-EU partners of Greek/EU citizens?

No. It doesn’t matter if you were married in another country or not. Only man-woman partnerships are recognized.

This violates an EU directive that says all EU member states must not discriminate based on $exual orientation, but an EU High Court will need to intervene and Greece will delay it as long as possible. To illustrate my point: Greece only started granting long-term EU-wide permits to people who earned that right in 2008, even though this directive was passed by the EU in 2003 and in effect since December 2005.

I’m a male of Greek origin over 18, but I do not have Greek citizenship. Can I get a residence/work permit as the non-EU spouse of my Greek/EU wife?

No. The residence/work permit granted to non-EU spouses and children (under 21) of Greek/EU citizens is only for pure non-EU citizens of no Greek origin.


Because you are of Greek origin and have the inherent right to claim citizenship, which entitles you to work/reside in Greece and the entire EU. This is a privilege.

If you’re a male between the age of 19-45, Greek authorities know you’re trying to avoid mandatory military obligations by going this route, and it does not tolerate draft dodgers. The residence/work permit application asks the birthplace of your parents, the Greek tax office/eforia/DOY will look through its register, and the Ministry of Citizen Protection and Ministry of Interior will examine your application and delve into your background. It doesn’t matter if you are registered in the οικογενειακή μερίδα/oikogeneiaki merida or hold a Greek passport or Greek ID or not. You are breaking the law.

If you’re a female of Greek origin, there is no reason why you shouldn’t stake a claim to citizenship at any age. Should you apply for Greek citizenship and be denied, this may be grounds to apply for a Greek permit.

What about my son who is under 18 and technically a non-EU citizen?

All males of Greek origin or descent between the age of 19 to 45 will at some point be drafted into the army should they reside permanently — more than 185 days a year — in Greece or wish to work here, regardless of birthplace, current citizenship, domicile or registration in the οικογενειακή μερίδα/oikogeneiaki merida, or possession of ‘permanent resident abroad’ status. Read, “Mandatory military obligations for Greece.” It will only change if the law changes.

How can I get a green card for Greece?

‘Green card’ is a term used by the United States to describe permanent resident status acquired by a non-American citizen, and does not apply outside its borders. Greece had a prasina karta about 10 years ago, but they disappeared as fast as they appeared. In 2008, Greece started issuing permit cards, but they are not called green cards and different colors apply to different categories.

If you are looking for permanent resident status in Greece, see other articles in “Residence-work permits.”

If I get a divorce, can I keep my permit?

Spouses of Greek, EU or non-EU citizens who already passed the interview and hold a permit can retain it after a divorce if the marriage lasted three (3) years OR if there is solid evidence of domestic abuse no matter how long the marriage lasted.

However, after a renewal of one year, he/she must secure a residence/work permit based on another reason such as work or funds from outside Greece. See “Residence-work permits” to see some available options. The only exception is if you hold a permanent 10-year permit card, which you may keep without meeting new requirements as long as you do not stay outside Greece for more than two (2) continuous years.

If my Greek/EU partner passes away, can I keep my permit?

Yes, if you held the permit and resided in Greece for a minimum of (1) one full year.

Is my Greek permit transferable?

— Transferable to another person. No.
— Transferable to another job; I already answered this question above.
— Transferable to another country. Yes, but only if you have the special long-term EU-wide permit. Otherwise, the answer is no; you must start from nothing in the new EU country.

The Ministry of Interior announced in October 2013 that a new Immigration Code (Κώδικα Μετανάστευσης) 4151/2013 may grant EU-wide status but only to certain categories of long-term residents. This has not been passed by Parliament or published into law as of last update.

What kind of work and/or residence permit do I qualify for in Greece?

There are dozens, and there’s no way I could know without knowing you. You could:
a) look at “Residence-work permits“;
b) inquire at the Greek consulate/embassy nearest you, if outside Greece; or
c) inquire at the municipality “dimos” office, grafeia allodapon or police station’s allodapon department, if in Greece.

What are the addresses and phone numbers of the municipality’s “dimos” offices and police stations’ allodapon departments in Greece?

You can find “dimos” offices or grafeia allodapon online in Greek, inquire at KEP Citizen Service Centres by calling ‘1500’ or ask the mayor’s office in your municipality. You can find police stations and their allodapon division in Greece by looking at the Greek Passport Centre’s list, which shows the address, map and operating hours of each location:

How do I call ‘1500’ from outside Greece?

If you’re outside Greece, you shouldn’t be calling these numbers. You should be calling the Greek consulate/embassy nearest you.

Is there a Greek government website (.gr or .gov), where I can find information on residence/work permits?

If you’re looking for accurate information, the answer is ‘no.’
— A new guide for immigrants in Greece funded by the EU is publishing info from November 2010, but the information is inaccurate.
— KEP Citizen Service Centers are primarily for Greek citizens and staff rarely know anything about non-Greek citizen issues, often dispensing incorrect info. KEP and Ermis websites are poorly written and incomplete.
— City of Athens website is populated with information from KEP and inaccurate.
— Greek consulates/embassies have limited information on their websites and are often not current on new laws and/or dispense varying levels of accurate information.
— “Official” Greek government ministry websites are poorly translated (if at all), rarely updated and use jargon that many don’t understand. Some have reused my articles without permission.

My website contains information not available anywhere else, is updated on a regular basis and balanced with first-hand information and reader feedback, not just research and translations from Greek to English. The majority of official Greek governmental, consular and expat guides and forums did not exist and/or were not disseminating information on any of the subjects I cover until after I started my website.

Many have plagiarized information from me, so you are not getting confirmation from different sources. Be careful who you trust.

Do you have a question?

The ability to ask questions on this post has now been closed due to consecutive persons not following instructions stated in “Comments, Questions and Contacting Me.”
blog counter


  hameed wrote @ December 8th, 2010 at 01:55

hello, my name is hameed i am from pakistan, 🙂 i have a red card for 3 years, i also have work permit and ika, and afm, and i am a taxpayer too. one time i was called by police for interview in katekhaki and i go there, and i told them that my life was in danger in pakistan from war and the killing of my family. so after that, i still have a red card but i don’t know about my status. i mean, am i an approved refugee or what? i also want to study in greece, i need help to know about my status, from where i can i learn about that and which office? and i don’t know after my interview they approved my application or not, but i still have a card and i am legal in greece.

so i will be thankful, if you can tell me about this,

Kat Reply:

After the interview, they should have given you a verbal answer about your status. You need to get in contact with the police office that interviewed you, or contact the office where you submitted your papers for refugee status. Until you know for sure, you should not assume you are approved, legal or can apply to be a student in Greece.

  joana wrote @ January 31st, 2011 at 21:07

hi! im so excited when i stumbled on your site im reading it and all the comments but i couldn’t find the answer to my question!

anyways im a non-eu citizen, and i’ve been in greece for five years i first came here as a contract worker but unfortunately my staying permit expired and i couldn’t do anything to renew it. my problem with my permit begins when i receive my sticker almost a month expired and the dimos gave me a month to pass all the requirements for renewing it, but unfortunately my past employer didn’t pay my IKA so when i go to IKA to ask for my ensima it’s not enough. i told my employer the problem and they paid my IKA, but the 1 month deadline the dimos gave me was over when i went back. the dimos won’t accept my application and suggest for me to wait for an extension law for all expired papers but until now nothing came.

i have AFM, my boss pays my IKA up to date, and i file and pay my taxes! I tried different things for my paper i even go to ministry to apply, and i paid 150 euros for paravolo but nothing happens!!!! im getting desperate as im about to give birth this coming june and i dont know if being illegally here in greece will affect the status of my baby should i need to apply for some legal documents for him. please help me!!!

ive been paying thousand of euros for different lawyers just to find possible help for me but up to now they couldn’t find anything even a small spark of hope!!! hope u could help me! thank u so much!

Kat Reply:

Hi Joana,

I’ll tell you what you should have done and what can be done now. They’re different.

What should have happened:
1. Renewing your permit: As it says in the question/answer post above, you can renew your Greek residence permit with the bebaiosi (blue paper with photo). It is not necessary to wait for the sticker or card. As I also say above and many places on this website, you should start renewal up to 60 days before the bebaiosi or permit expires. Why? Because if you have problems, it gives you plenty of time to resolve them before it expires and leaves you in an illegal status.
2. Not enough ensima: When you found out that your employer didn’t pay your IKA and you didn’t have enough ensima, you should have paid it yourself. You are allowed to purchase up to 20 percent. If the ensima you were missing was more than 20 percent, the extra 60 days from #1 should have given your employer enough time to pay and resolve the issue before your bebaiosi expired.
3. Renewing late: As I say in the article above, you are allowed to renew the residence permit late, but Greece will fine you up to 300 euros. You didn’t say how long it has been, so I cannot determine if the dimos is refusing to help you because it has been too many months or if they are refusing because they are being difficult.
4. Hiring a lawyer: The majority of lawyers know nothing about non-EU citizen permits and are happy to take your money with hopes you don’t know any better, so paying them thousands of euros is a huge mistake as you found. What’s ironic is you paid them thousands of euros for nothing, and now you are paying me nothing to give you advice to fix what they did not.

It is unlikely that Greece will extend the law for expired papers. Why? a) Record-high unemployment, b) hunger strikers are already making an issue of asylum, c) illegal immigration is in the spotlight and Greece is under political and economic pressure to stop it, and d) there hasn’t been an extension for expired permits in several years. Yes, it has been discussed, but talking is not the same thing as doing.

What can happen now:
The best thing you can do is go immediately to the Greek ombudsman, calmly state what happened with specific dates/times, and ask for assistance. It’s free. See “Greek ombudsman.” Write down information and any questions before you go, and take all of your supporting papers.

This is the only option I can see, based on what you told me, assuming the father of your baby is not a Greek/EU citizen.

Your baby will be affected by your illegal status. For example, he may not be eligible for Greek citizenship as explained in “Ways to get Greek citizenship.”

Please consider giving back to the website by coming back and telling me what happened and/or recommending me to a friend. All my best to you.

  Doukissa wrote @ June 14th, 2011 at 20:20

Hi Kat, I saw your website in 2008 and really enjoy reading your posts. I’ve taken many to heart and they’ve helped me navigate life in this beautiful country.

I, too, am an American living in Greece. If you will permit, I have a question that I could not find the answer to after searching on your website. I am married to a Greek and received a 5 year residency/work permit in 2009 (although I don’t work; it’s just too tough for me to get a job). I would like to travel to the US and stay for awhile but don’t know exactly how long I am permitted to stay without any problems.

Do you know what the statute for staying out of Greece under these conditions? I don’t recall who, but someone told me that I could not stay out of the country longer than 6 months. Please advise if you know the correct answer. I appreciate your advice. Thanking you in advance!

Kat Reply:

I’ve answered this question before, but it’s in response to a comment on “Greek citizenship via naturalization” so it wasn’t easy for you to find. Some people also take information and reuse it on other websites, forums, etc. without listing as the source.

Laws governing residence/work permits for non-EU spouses of Greek/EU citizens say that you should not be temporarily absent more than six (6) months in any 12-month period. Six (6) months or 185 days is usually the point in many countries, not just Greece, at which someone is determined to be a resident or not.

I appreciate you saying hello and your kind words. Nice to know this website has helped you and I’ve managed to keep your attention for three years. All best.

  Sam wrote @ June 24th, 2011 at 11:41

am from Jordan and am married to a greek girl and now after 4 years weve been together shes asking for divorce , after i build new life here and left everything in my country – if the divorce happen how that gonna affect my situation here ?

Kat Reply:

Your question is already answered above under, “If I get a divorce in, can I keep my Greek permit?” Take a look.

  Amer wrote @ July 30th, 2011 at 16:08

i am syrian. i was in crete in chania in 2001 and the greek goverment open the way to get the permit for everyone. i made all my papers and payed the taxes and i got on a permit card for 6 months till 12-2-2002 and they told me after six monthes i will get a permit for one year, but in september 2001 i left greece to syria. i am still in syria till now 2011.

please i ask if i can renewing my permit if i go to greece now. also now i have a family a spouse and two kids. can we restart in crete again, do you thing my past position in crete is useful for me ?

Kat Reply:

You can only renew a Greek permit if it’s still valid. Yours expired nine years ago.

If you want to come work in Greece, you need to find an employer in advance to sponsor your visa and permit before arriving in the country. You cannot come here and find a job, and then apply for a permit. I understand you did it this way before, and this is why you were illegal. In order to bring your family with you, you need to be a high-ranking executive with sufficient income to support them; it’s a requirement. Otherwise, you can only bring them here after you have lived/worked in Greece legally for two years. All of this is already explained in “How non-EU citizens can get a permit to move, live and work in Greece.”

In 2001, you were given a permit via regularization/amnesty. This is not necessarily positive, as the interior ministry and ministry of citizen protection know that you have a history of living and working in Greece illegally.

  michael wrote @ October 7th, 2011 at 12:05

hello, am married to a greek and for almost 1 year i havent got my residence permit i had been to both dimos and periferia and even at periferia i was told they are waiting for a police report and for that alone its 10 month now the police havent giving the report out yet ,please i would like to know what is going on concerning the greek residence permit

Kat Reply:

Perhaps you are new to Greece? Sounds completely normal to me.

I’ve already addressed your concerns above, please take a look. Beyond that, only the dimos and perifereia can answer for their actions.

  Sincap wrote @ March 2nd, 2012 at 07:32

Thank you very much for this website, it is full of necessary knowledge.
I would like to ask you on question. I don’t know if it is already answered here.
A non-EU citizen with an expired blue paper and a valid non-EU passport can’t just go back to their country? On the Greek border do they need to pay any fine?
Thank you in advance.
Best regards

Kat Reply:

Your question is answered above in “If I lose my job or can’t find another to renew my work permit, how long can I remain in Greece after the permit expires?”

However, be aware that it is up to border authorities to assess a fine (or not). You can read more at “Overstaying a visa in Greece.” I know you didn’t technically overstay a visa, but what happens at the border is the same.

  Jaantje wrote @ June 19th, 2012 at 15:38

My bf filed his application last year July. It was said he would get the sticker within 4 or 5 months. Till today no news yet. He did get 2 approvals in the mean time though, so his the filed papers are approved. But as far as I know it’s not even allowed to take this long (max. 6 months)(Council Directive 2003/109/EC). What should we do?

Kat Reply:

I explain in the article above that it can take up to a year or past the expiration date of a permit to receive it. Quoting EC directives is pointless because Greece does not adhere to them; and two rounds of voting plus no government in office since November 2011 have contributed to delays.

In 14 years, I only once received my permit within 6 months.

  ahmda wrote @ June 21st, 2012 at 13:36

hello i am syrian married to greek from 9 months and i apply for residence permit from 8 months i dont get it until now i want to ask how long it is take to get it ? and it is only for greece or for EU is will?
and for how long it will be?

Kat Reply:

Please see, “When will my permit sticker or card be ready?” as well as “Will they notify me when it’s ready?” and “What if there’s a problem with my work/residence permit?”

If you pass an interview and are issued the spouse permit, it will be valid for 5 years and only be good in Greece. The EU is not one country.

  ahmad wrote @ March 14th, 2013 at 15:15

i am married to greek from one years and 4 months i didn’t get my resident permit when i ask abut it the say it is not ready and i am waiting from one years and 4 months tel me what i can do to git my resident permit ?
thank you

Kat Reply:

The situation you describe is normal. Please read the article above.

  Maria wrote @ January 23rd, 2014 at 23:25

your site is ver helpful.. And i want to ask something im hoping that you can give me an idea how to fix my problem.. Its been a year that i am not paying my IKA and my permit are already expired 3 months ago.. What can i do to renew it again? i will pay whatever charges they want..

Thank you..

Kat Reply:

Unfortunately, you cannot renew something that is already expired. You also cannot pay a fine and simply get back a residence/work permit because you want to, especially if you’re not paying IKA.

Please read the article above, then consult directly with the local dimos or allodapos grafeio on your case.

  isaias wrote @ May 12th, 2014 at 14:42

I need help please im leaving living in athens 10 years now, 8 years with my parents that were diplomat here and 2 years alone, i did my hight high school here and now im doing the university here, im working, i pay all tax and everything but until now i still have the certicicaty certificate of waiting the residence permt permit, any help please send me in my email or my phone

hello to all

i already sent a question but until know no answers, so just to ask im living here in athens 10 years now, the 8 years i was living with my parents that are diplomats , so my status was son of diplomat, after they left i apply for a normal permit to stay as i knew these day they couldn ‘t give me this paper called blue veveiosi, i m with this paper that say that im waiting the adia paramonis 2 years every time i went there they said to me tomorrow tomorrow , nao now they said to me that im inlegal illegal cuz i must go with my parents when i was 2 years with that, so wat what can i do now?

Kat Reply:

First, do not leave your phone number on the Internet. I deleted it to protect your privacy, but other people may not be as respectful.

Second, as it says in “Comments, Questions and Contacting Me,” I do not call or email readers for several reasons.

Last, see sections on the bebaiosi and how long it takes to get a permit in Greece in the above article.

You were given an answer and it sounds to me like you read it. Regardless, the information you provided this time is inconsistent with your last comment, and this makes it impossible for me (or anyone) to help you. Consult directly with Greek authorities about what documents you need to submit for legal status.

[…] morning at sunrise[/caption] I found a very helpful site on this matter actually, Living In Greece, click here for Living In Greece,  and this has some questions and answers on it which are great. Example: “Will I get a […]

Sorry, comments are closed at this time.